This job is no longer active on TopSchoolJobs.org. Please contact the employer directly.
SUPERINTENDENT | SYOSSET CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
SYOSSET, NY | www.syosset.k12.ny.us
The nationally recognized Syosset Central School District serves the Syosset and Woodbury communities, as well as portions of Jericho, Muttontown, and Plainview. Approximately 35 miles from New York City, many of the residents
commute to New York City. Considered a high performing school district, the 6,700 students attend 10 schools in grades K-12.
The school district is especially proud that:
• Student achievement is high throughout the grades and upon graduation from high school, students regularly attend the finest colleges and universities in the nation. Annually 99% of the graduates attend college.
• There is strong parental support and involvement.
• The schools are committed to providing an inclusive and nurturing academic environment for its special needs students.
• High school students can choose from 25 Advanced Placement courses and additional college-level courses in affiliation with regional colleges and universities.
• There is a serious commitment, at all grade levels, to music and the arts.
• There are extensive and inclusive athletic programs at all grade levels.
Compensation package commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience, and competitive with school districts in the region. Screening will begin in mid-November with a start date of July 2014.
For additional information and to apply, please visit www.ecragroup.com/active-searches.
HYA Executive Search
Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates
An Equal Opportunity Employer
5600 N. River Rd., Suite 180, Rosemont, IL 60018 | 847.318.0072