This job is no longer active on TopSchoolJobs.org. Please contact the employer directly.
Virginia Beach City Public Schools, VA
Virginia Beach, bordering the Atlantic Ocean, is located in the Hampton Roads area of southeastern VA. It is the third largest school division in VA and services a diverse population of 69,000 students in 56 elementary schools, 14 middle schools, 12 high schools, and a number of other specialty schools. The school division's 2013-2014 operating budget is $684.9 million.
The School Board is seeking a superintendent who:
• has successfully led a large diverse organization in achieving sustainable increased learning for all students.
• has a vision of high expectations for every student.
• is a strong, student-centered educator of unquestioned integrity with exceptional communication, interpersonal, and consensus-building skills.
• possesses exceptionally strong organizational and strategic planning skills.
• has outstanding skills in working with the Board, the City Council, staff, parents, and other groups in achieving the mission of the District in a positive and inclusive manner.
• is accessible, open-minded, and sufficiently self-confident in having the courage of his/her convictions.
• demonstrates the ability to find creative ways to deliver an exceptional educational program in a cost-effective manner.
• has a proven track record in building an effective leadership team, including successful recruitment, retention and evaluation of a talented, diverse staff.
A multi-year contract and a competitive salary and benefits package will be offered. Screening begins in early October. To apply, visit www.ecragroup.com/active-searches.
HYA Executive Search
Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates
An Equal Opportunity Employer
5600 N. River Rd., Suite 180, Rosemont, IL 60018