Senior Director, Education
Foundations, Inc. | Mount Laurel NJ 08054 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 09/03/2013
Position: Senior Director, Education
Organization: Foundations, Inc.
Location: Mount Laurel,NJ
Foundations is a non-profit organization committed to improving the quality of educational opportunities within schools, after school, with families, and in communities. Through its national Center for Afterschool and Expanded Learning and its school-based and community initiatives, Foundations provides capacity-building professional development, technical assistance, tools, and services that promote and support children’s learning and healthy development nationwide. The organization remains grounded in practice by operating programs and managing schools locally. Learn more at www.foundationsinc.org
The Senior Director leads strategic planning and direction for the education department to fulfill its mission, to extend its work at a national level, and to secure financial sustainability through grants, product marketing, and fees for service. The Senior Director represents Foundations, Inc. to internal and external constituents, and is a key member of Foundations’ senior management team.
This position requires an entrepreneurial leader with strong communication and management skills, fund development networks, and solid knowledge of contemporary issues in education, including urban education, charter schools, afterschool or non-formal education, adult education, and associated fields. This position oversees a team of approximately 8 full and part-time staff.
- Utilize significant work experience in, or knowledge of, education, training, non-formal education (afterschool, summer, museum, arts, etc.) and of higher education and/or adult/continuing education field to plan and strategize department growth and direction
- Oversee department strategic planning, personnel management, and critical decision making
- Develop and oversee department budget, financial management, and sustainability plan
- Identify and pursue funding and business development opportunities; lead grant writing and outreach
- Plan and guide the development and production of new trainings, services, tools and materials, aligned with department mission, goals, and plans for business development
- Plan and oversee implementation of annual department work-plan and deliverables
- Apply knowledge of research principles and research design to ensure effective evaluation of department initiatives
- Lead and oversee communications and outreach efforts
- Lead and reinforce a work environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Promote Foundations’ vision and goals to a broad range of regional and national constituents
- Maintain and seek new funding sources and develop partnerships that support the core mission
- Supervise school and program operations
- Plan and organize staff responsibilities for department sustainability and maximum personal and organizational growth
- Oversee budget development and financial management
- Oversee departmental human resource management
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in education, adult education, afterschool, or similar related field, with five years of demonstrated leadership or executive experience.
- Demonstrated ability in grant writing, fund development, or business development
- Ability to accomplish complex goals and objectives requiring leadership, communication, vision, and management
- Strong work ethic coupled with excellent leadership, organizational planning, flexibility, supervisory, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong writing ability and experience in public speaking and presentations
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to education, out-of-school education, and/or adult/community education required
- Available to travel, both locally and nationally (approximately 20%)
For full consideration, please submit a résumé, salary requirements, and a detailed letter of interest outlining your philosophy of, or approach to, education, and why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foundations, Inc. is an AA/EOE committed to the development of an inclusive, multicultural community. We are located inMount Laurel,NJ, just outside ofPhiladelphia,PA.
|Location||Mount Laurel, NJ, United States|
|Categories||CEO/Superintendent/President, Vice/Assistant Principal, Director/Manager/Coordinator, Deputy/Assistant Superintendent|
|Organization Type||Non-profit Organization|
|Teaching field||Elementary Education, Adult Education, After school/Extended Learning, Other|
|Experience Years||10 yrs|
|Contact Name||Jessica Williamson|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|