Receptionist/ Bilingual in Spanish
The Menta Group | Waukegan IL 60085 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 08/06/2013
Receptionist - Waukegan, Illinois
Lakeshore Academy, a Special Education Services school and an affiliate of The Menta Group® (www.thementagroup.org), is a Special Education school with a kindergarten through 12th grade therapeutic educational services program for Behavior, Emotional, and Developmentally disabled children, and an alternative safe school for high school students who are at-risk of suspension or expulsion living in Waukegan, Illinois. The school's curriculum and credit earning system is aligned with its partnering districts allowing for seamless transitions from and to the students' home schools.
Lakeshore Academy was established to positively impact the academic and social-emotional competencies of students referred to the program. Believing that all children have a right to quality educational services, SES programs maintain a no refusal, no suspension, no expulsion policy, an integrated focus on academic and social-emotional learning, and a continuum of learning and behavioral supports.
Small class size, intensive clinical services, and a competently trained staff of educators combine to make this program a positive and dynamic place to learn. The emphasis is placed on teamwork and creativity to provide this positive environment for our students to excel. We are currently seeking an ambitious, independent self-starter to perform Receptionist functions at LSA, located in Waukegan, Illinois.
The Receptionist's job duties will include:
- Answer, screen and direct all incoming telephone calls
- Compose and type routine letters and memoranda
- Fax documents
- Make Copies
- Perform light bookkeeping under direction of Business Manager
- Sort and deliver mail
- Handle incoming and outgoing package shipments
- Greet and direct visitors
- Maintain office supplies
- Maintain up-to-date student records (includes requesting and returning student records from districts)
- Contact parents when student is absent
- Inform school districts when students are absent
- Truancy reporting to districts and parents (may include setting up meetings)
- Maintain staff daily sign-in sheet
- Other duties as assigned by Business Manager and School Administrators
- Above average written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual candidates (Spanish/English) are strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products i.e. Word, Excel etc.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize own work
Lakeshore Academy offers a pleasant, team-oriented environment. The Receptionist position offers lots of variety and opportunities to expand your horizons. The full time position offers an access to medical, dental, vision plans, 403(b), sick pay, holiday pay, and personal/vacation days. The salary range is comparable for the position and area, depending upon certification and qualifications. All of our programs post their open teaching positions on our website and feature an easy-to-complete application process.
Apply online at www.thementagroup.org/careers/apply
Questions can be directed via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (847) 599-2475 - Attn.: Sheela Patel
|Location||Waukegan, IL, United States|
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Fax||(847) 599-2475|