Principal - Chicago Metro Area West
The Menta Group | Hillside IL 60162 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 07/31/2013
Special Education Services an affiliate of The MENTA GROUP is a non-profit agency serving High-Risk Children and Families in IL & AZ. We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Building Principal for a therapeutic day school in the near western suburb of Hillside, IL. Job duties require you to be creative, energetic & wanting to develop and implement innovative solutions to critical problems in education. You will be working in an atmosphere where data driven decision making & team work is the norm.
- Lead the school by building high performing teams, responsibly managing work and people, and enlisting others in the school vision.
- Promote the success of students by creating an instructional program that continually strives to improve teaching and learning.
- Create and maintain a school environment that focuses on students and emphasizes high academic expectations, a personal approach, caring, discipline, and order.
- Encourage professional development, recruit and select outstanding staff, and effectively supervise teachers and staff in order to improve student learning and academic achievement.
- Confer with students, parents, and staff to resolve issues and problems.
- Illinois Certificate Type 75 with General Administrative Endorsement
- State of Illinois Special Education Teaching Certification (LBS1) / endorsement preferred
- Valid Standard Secondary Teaching Certificate (Illinois)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Student focused and flexible in classroom instructional approach
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Team player
This position offers an access to medical, dental, vision plans, 403(b), sick pay, holiday pay, and personal/vacation days. The salary range is comparable for the position and area, depending upon certification and qualifications.
Apply Online Here
Fax: 630-907-0197 - Attn: Lynne Nicolas
|Location||Hillside, IL, United States|
|Categories||Head of School/Principal|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|Contact Name||Lynne Nicolas|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|