Superintendent - Cullman, AL
Cullman City Board of Education | Cullman AL 35055 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 05/07/2013
The Cullman (AL) City Board of Education is seeking an experienced, visionary leader with exemplary interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be expected to raise the school system’s already strong student performance to the next level, maintain its commitment to cutting edge technology and actively represent the system in the community.
Applicants must hold or be eligible for an Alabama certificate in administration and supervision and be a graduate of an accredited four-year college or university. A master’s degree is required, but a doctorate is preferred. The successful candidate will have at least three years’ successful experience as a teacher, principal, supervisor, superintendent, education administrator or instructor in school administration and at least five years’ experience in public school work at the time he or she assumes office.
Candidates should provide evidence they are knowledgeable in school administration and be recognized as such. They also should:
- Be of good character and unquestionable morals and integrity;
- Possess good judgment and common sense along with the ability to think clearly and independently, relying on facts instead of prejudices;
- Demonstrate an understanding of school finance and have completed all education/inservice requirements in school finance required by the state;
- Demonstrate leadership skills;
- Be able and willing to accept responsibility; and
- Have a strong personality and capacity for maintaining the respect of educational leaders and school system personnel.
The successful candidate will be expected to reside in the City of Cullman, and his or her children will be expected to enroll in the school system unless there are extenuating circumstances.
Apply online at: www.tinyurl.com/d3dsx6x
|Location||Cullman, AL, United States|
|Organization Type||Public School|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|Contact Name||Susan Salter|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|