School Turnaround Facilitator (Green Bay, Wisconsin) $82K-$103K/YR
WestEd | Green Bay WI 54304 USA | Part Time | Revised: 04/19/2013
|Position Title:||School Turnaround Facilitator (Green Bay, Wisconsin)|
|Reports to:||Associate Director, School Turnaround Center|
|Program:||Comprehensive School Assistance Program|
|Salary:||Level H - $82,700 - $103,400|
WestEd, a nonprofit research, development, and service agency, works with education and other communities to promote excellence, achieve equity, and improve learning for children, youth, and adults. While WestEd serves the states of Arizona, California, Nevada, and Utah as one of the nation's Regional Educational Laboratories, our agency's work extends throughout the United States and abroad. WestEd has 16 offices nationwide, from Washington and Boston to Arizona, Southern California, and its headquarters in San Francisco.
The goal of the Comprehensive School Assistance Program at WestEd is to make a significant contribution to closing the achievement gap in American education between English language learners and native speakers of English, and students from low-income families and their more economically advantaged peers. To accomplish this goal, CSAP staff members work to build the capacity of schools, school districts, and state departments of education to improve educational programs for students toward the end of closing the achievement gap. In addition, program staff are expected to contribute to the knowledge base on turning around low-performing schools and districts and to use the knowledge they have gained in their work to inform local, state, and national policy makers.
The position is based in Green Bay, Wisconsin. We are looking to hire one part-time School Turnaround Facilitator (.5 FTE), however as new projects emerge there is potential for this position to become full-time.
The School Improvement Facilitator will facilitate the turnaround of a persistently low-performing school designated by the state as a Priority School. Although WestEd provides these services in multiple states including California, Colorado, Washington, Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada, and others, this specific position opening is to provide services in Green Bay, Wisconsin. To learn more about WestEd’s approach to school turnaround, see: http://www.wested.org/schoolturnaroundcenter.
1. Support and coach the leadership and teachers at a single low-performing, high-poverty school that has been identified by the state as a Priority School.
2. Lead the Turnaround Team for the partner school. As lead, manage contract budget; schedule/coordinate training provided to the partner school; provide comprehensive needs assessment, action planning, and implementation coaching to schools; monitor implementation of the action plan and compile data, write reports, and present findings on work.
3. Provide training and consultations on areas critical to school improvement. Areas include principal effectiveness and distributed leadership, teacher recruitment and retention, evaluation, standards, assessment, curriculum, instruction, parent/community involvement, professional development, safety and school environment, and instruction for English-language learners and students with special needs.
4. Work within the expectations and culture of WestEd's Comprehensive School Assistance Program.
5. Participate in professional learning community webinars, trainings, and events. Travel to Sacramento, California and other WestEd offices for regular School Turnaround Center meetings and trainings. Participate in a multi-day on-boarding in June or July 2013 in Sacramento.
6. Contribute to the development of training materials and technical assistance support materials.
7. Submit regular progress reports of accomplishments and challenges bi-weekly; meet with the Director and Associate Director in person to provide quarterly status reports.
• Master’s degree or above, in education.
• Previous school principal experience preferred.
• Extensive background in elementary and middle school programs.
• Extensive background in reading and mathematics instruction and working with diverse learners, including English learners and students with disabilities.
• Experience coaching school leaders through rapid and sustainable improvement preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years classroom teaching experience.
• A minimum of 3 years experience as a school site or district administrator.
• Recent documented successful experience in improving school achievement as a school principal or external support provider.
• The ability to assist a school to align curriculum, instruction, and assessments.
• Knowledge of professional development practices, reading or math interventions, data-driven decision making, school action planning, data management systems, and establishing standards-based accountability systems.
• Ability to design professional development systems for schools and districts.
• Excellent communication skills for implementing workshops, institutes, coaching programs, site-based research, and making presentations to districts, school boards, and community groups.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Ability to work effectively with partners, colleagues, and other organizations.
• Demonstrated experience in working with diverse populations.
• Must be US citizen or authorized to work in the US (visa sponsorship not available).
|We invite you to Apply for this Position.|
730 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
WestEd is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Positions are open until filled.
- All health benefits effective first of the month following date of hire
- 15% contribution toward retirement effective day one of employment
- 20 vacation days, 10 holidays, 2 personal days
- 12 days sick leave per year
|Location||Green Bay, WI, United States|
|Categories||Curriculum, Professional Development/Instructional Coach, Special Education Director, Research|
|Organization Type||Non-profit Organization|
|Teaching field||Bilingual Education|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|