Technology Product Manager
Catapult Learning | Camden NJ 08103 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 04/12/2013
Assist in the visioning and planning of products or product components making use of Internet technology as a primary aspect of teaching and learning. Lead the development of technology or Internet-based academic programs, working closely with both the curriculum team and the technology team. Assist the curriculum team with overall project
management and preparation for publication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned .
Technology Project Management
- Work with the Executive Director of Product Development and others to envision and outline new education technology or online learning products and components
- Provide expertise on workable solutions, best practices, and the state of the competitive market in educational technology and online learning products
- Maintain communication with vendors of technology products incorporated into Catapult programs and design protocols and guidelines for the use of those products.
- Work collaboratively with the curriculum team and the technology team to determine the scope of work for education technology or online learning
products, and manage the development of all academic components to meet timelines and budgets
- Work both creatively and managerially to execute project plans, participating in key areas of content development and managing the work of others
- Assess the qualifications of independent contractor candidates as needed to staff projects and manage their work once on-boarded
- Create and maintain project planning tools to identify and track progress toward milestones from inception to publication.
- Receive final product documents from curriculum team; ensure that documents are ready for printing and submit to printer for upload and publication.
- Communicate printing and publication status to Executive Director, Product Development
- Manage company electronic files to manage folder structure and ensure product files are current.
- Serve as the company contact with print vendor and maintain communication throughout project to ensure website folders and archives are accurate.
- Must have at least BS/BA degree. Education or technology-related Masters degree preferred
- Must have a minimum of three years of professional experience designing or developing educational technology or online learning products
- Experience with online education desired---either as a student, a teacher, a course designer, or an employee with an online school operator
- Experience with web design and development preferred
- Experience in publishing (print and/or online) is desired.
- Experience within educational services or training is helpful as well.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, take initiative, follow through and work independently and cross-functionally
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a detail oriented, professional, team-oriented environment characterized by multiple simultaneous priorities.
|Location||Camden, NJ, United States|
|Categories||Product Development, Technology/CIO|
|Organization Type||For-profit Organization|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|