Associate Superintendent/Chief Academic Officer
Indianapolis Public Schools | IN 46204 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 03/21/2013
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY: Serve as the Chief Academic Officer (CAO) of the District.
1. Implements aligned instructional programs District-wide.
2. Assists administrative and teaching staff in effecting desirable curricular changes and in the preparation of curricular materials for all levels.
3. Implements new instructional programs and develops process to change current ones.
4. Leads administrator teams to identify data sources and models effective data analysis for staff.
5. Establishes committees which research, plan, and organize new curricula and programs.
6. Continuously evaluates and assesses all District curricular and instructional programs in order to measure their effectiveness.
7. Ensures vertical and horizontal continuity and articulation of the instructional program throughout the District.
8. Provides leadership for integrating technology into all areas of teaching and learning PreK-12.
9. Ensures understanding and promotion of the educational objectives of the District.
10. Leads staff members in the planning, administration, and evaluation of professional development activities which support teaching and learning.
11. Stays apprised of governmental statutes, regulations, and rules relating to curriculum and instructional programs.
12. Supervises and evaluates Directors of Curriculum and Instruction.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
1. Doctoral Degree in Curriculum and Instruction/Educational Administration preferred.
2. Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in education, including a minimum of five (5) years in an administrative capacity including at least three (3) years as a successful school principal.
3. Thorough knowledge of concepts and principles of curriculum design and development.
4. Knowledge of national, state, and local rules and regulations pertaining to instructional programs.
5. Knowledge of school administration and public relations; strong oral and written communication skills.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop and motivate staff.
PLEASE VISIT WWW.IPS.K12.IN.US
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS: Indiana Superintendent's License
Position Available: As soon as mutually agreed.
|Location||IN, United States|
|Organization Type||Public School|
|Experience Years||10 yrs|
|Contact Name||Sherri Clark|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|