Edupreneur Residency for Innovative Teachers
Venture Academy | Minneapolis MN 55407 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 03/27/2013
You’re an innovative educator and emerging leader.
Introducing the Venture Edupreneur Residencies for Innovative Math & Science, English Language, and Special Education Teachers
Are you eager to radically transform education? Do you believe that learning should be driven by the unique passions and needs of individual young people? Ever dreamed of becoming a master educator-leader experiencing the joy of helping young learners reach their full potential? Do you seek personalized, hands-on coaching and support not found in most training programs? Ready for a pioneering journey with trusted colleagues who share your vision? We thought so—and we like the way you think.
The Venture Edupreneur Residency is designed for innovative educators whose joyful lifework is the cultivation of young people into purposeful, self-directed learners and leaders. Edupreneurs will co-found and design Venture Academy, a middle-high school opening in Minneapolis this August at 6th grade. They will co-create Venture’s learning model and coach young people while receiving coaching themselves to become master edupreneurs and school-wide instructional leaders. Venture’s mission is to ignite the passion of young people to become innovators and entrepreneurial leaders who will change the world. Venture is a winner of the national Next Generation Learning Challenges Wave IIIa competition to support breakthrough learning models, funded by the Gates and Hewlett foundations.
Beginning this July, the Edupreneur Residency will prepare Edupreneurs to become master educators and school instructional leaders. The Residency emphasizes learning by doing. Each Edupreneur will provide full-time, personalized, cross-disciplinary coaching to a “family” cohort of Venture learners, while receiving and providing daily coaching and real-time feedback from and to other Venture Edupreneurs. Edupreneurs will also receive daily coaching from Venture’s Chief Learning Officer/Head of School, a master edupreneur with a decade of personalized teaching and leadership experience. The Residency will include in-depth visits to innovative schools and discussions with thought partners on the cutting edge of learning transformation. Each Edupreneur will receive a competitive salary with full benefits.
Personalized Leadership Development and Coaching
Edupreneurs will receive personalized leadership development and coaching in the domains of:
- Innovative and entrepreneurial leadership
- Emotional intelligence and effective, authentic communication
- School start-up, operations and policy
- School culture and learner engagement
- Coaching and observation
- Curriculum, assessment and personalized learning
Opening in August 2013, Venture Academy is a new public charter school in Minneapolis with the mission to ignite the passion of every young person to become an innovator and entrepreneurial leader who will change the world. A 21st century one-room schoolhouse, Venture will engage a diverse cross-section of Minneapolis young people, including English language learners and learners with special needs. Venture aims to ignite self-propelled, purposeful learners and leaders ready for college and meaningful life missions by age 16 through a learner-driven and try-measure-learn-iterate learning design that blends rigorous personalized, digital and experiential learning and personal development.
Venture Academy seeks talented educators who are learning innovators. Competitive candidates will demonstrate a commitment to personal and intellectual excellence, student learning growth, constant improvement, authentic communication, and cultivating learner ownership and entrepreneurial leadership through a personalized and learner-directed learning model. Edupreneurs will become part of Venture Academy’s founding team, on track to become master educators and school instructional leaders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design instruction using evidenced-based strategies with an awareness of research
- Implement cross-curricular instructional activities to enable high levels of learner engagement and understanding
- Develop personalized learning plans, curriculum and extensions using principles of backwards design
- Instruct small, targeted groups and serve as an advisor and coach to help learners achieve individual learning goals
- Work creatively, transparently and collaboratively to ensure continuous improvement in teaching and learning
- Maintain a coherent, purposeful and mission-driven school culture of intellectual and personal excellence
- Ensure that the learning needs of all learners are met by all team members
- Determine specific learning needs by analyzing performance data and facilitating weekly data team meetings
- Create and continuously improve real-time, formative, progress monitoring and summative common assessments
- Constantly seek to improve both personal and team teaching practice and results
- Conduct original learning research, publish articles and blogs, and present findings to colleagues and others
- Mission: past leadership provides clear evidence of demonstrated belief in Venture’s mission
- Unquestioned character, work ethic, passion for excellence and professionalism
- Relentless commitment to exceptional learning; unwavering belief that every young person can learn at high levels
- Proven teaching experience, evidencing continuous improvement and high learner results
- Experience and success setting clear and consistent expectations for learner behavior and accountability
- Enthusiasm: demonstrates visionary leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, passion, positivity and excitement
- Solutions-oriented: proven ability to quickly identify and creatively solve problems and iterate new approaches
- Teamwork: exceptional ability to work well in and help lead a team using authentic interpersonal communication
- Versatility: strengths and passions across multiple learning disciplines and talent arenas
- Creativity: thinks innovatively and imaginatively about how to optimize the learning of every young person
- Work collaboratively with other Venture Edupreneurs and team members
Edupreneur Residency Application Process
Applicants for the Edupreneur Residency should submit a resume and cover letter, and 1) describe an innovation they have personally created and implemented that has demonstrably and significantly improved learning; 2) submit a video or video link, website or digital portfolio evidencing the innovation; 3) describe a learning design for their dream middle-high school, including a detailed description of how their design ignites learner ownership, innovation and entrepreneurial leadership. Finalists will be asked to submit responses to twelve questions. Please visit www.ventureacademies.org or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
|Location||Minneapolis, MN, United States|
|Organization Type||Charter School|
|Grade Level||Elementary 4-6, Middle School/Junior High, High School|
|Contact Name||Jon Bacal|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|