Bright Horizons Family Solutions | Silver Spring MD 20910 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 02/06/2013
Seeking Education Coordinator with HEART
Apply now and explore a highly-rewarding career as an education coordinator. Share your passion for educating young children as you support and inspire teachers to carefully plan curriculum that encourages children to independently explore, discover, and actively learn in an environment that responds to their individual developmental needs and interests using our World at Your Fingertips resources. Build strong relationships with children, parents, and colleagues as part of the center leadership team and enjoy the many unique aspects of teaching young children. At Bright Horizons, one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For”, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and your own career.
The center is located in beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland. The hours of operation are 7:30am to 7pm, Monday -Friday. The center is licensed for 102 children.
Stepping into an education coordinator position at Bright Horizons, you will:
- Lead staff in the implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Serve as a role model to staff, train and guide teachers as they document children's accomplishments.
- Ensure staff designs an environment that responds to children's individual developmental levels.
- Support families and share resources through discussions, articles, and newsletters.
- Serve as a resource for your center through the NAEYC Accreditation process.
- Follow all safety and health rules while supervising children at all times
- Ensure that staff know the number of children in their group and are maintaining ratios at all times.
- Interact frequently, affectionately, and respectfully with children, parents and staff.
- Substitute in classrooms to maintain ratios and gain exposure to other programs, as required.
- Implement a primary caregiving system with individual children and their families.
- Support organizational mission, philosophies, values, goals, and policies.
- Continue professional growth through trainings, feedback and reading professional literature.
When you join the Bright Horizons family, you become part of a culture that values unique differences and celebrates the diversity of our children, families, and employees. Our commitment to children extends beyond our centers through our Bright Horizons Foundation, a nonprofit organization committed to improving the quality of life for at-risk children and our Going Green efforts to raise social responsibility awareness about environmental issues and inspire earth-friendly activities.
Our extensive benefits package includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- CDA training program
- Ongoing training through Bright Horizons University — our own online university
- Career path
- Same sex domestic partner benefits
- Auto and home insurance discounts
- Real Estate Advantage Program
- Commuter benefits
- Online shopping discounts
- Cell phone discounts
- And more!
|Location||Silver Spring, MD, United States|
|Organization Type||For-profit Organization|
|Grade Level||Pre-School/Early Childhood|
|Teaching field||Early Childhood Education|
|Experience Years||2 yrs|
|Contact Name||Shannon Bouzidi|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|