This job is no longer active on TopSchoolJobs.org. Please contact the employer directly.
Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum & Instruction
Qualifications should include substantive and documented evidence of:
• Strong central and/or extensive principal leadership and classroom teaching experience;
• Innovative practice and success in leading change through collaboration;
• Excellent communication skills – writing, speaking, and listening.
Deep Pedagogical Experience
• Encouragement/support and experience in innovation and risk-taking;
• Experience with tech-infused and problem-based learning;
• Expertise in various instructional designs and settings.
Varied and Comprehensive Curricular Knowledge
• Deep and demonstrated understanding and expertise in a content area;
• Understanding of the connectedness of the K-12 curricular framework;
• Background in interdisciplinary design and familiarity with Common Core Standards and the associated instructional changes.
• Strong familiarity with authentic and meaningful assessment design, development, and implementation;
• Responsible use of appropriate data to inform instructional and curricular decision-making.
Systemic Organizational Thinking
• Success within a systemic and collaborative organizational structure and culture;
• Belief in expanded leadership – formal and informal;
• Understanding of and aptitude for the fiscal and regulatory managerial responsibilities of the Office of ASI.
Salary: Competitive. Must possess or be eligible for NY State SDA/SDL Certification.
Please send a letter of interest, résumé, 3 letters of recommendation, undergraduate, graduate transcripts and a copy of NYS certification to:
John J. Kolesar Jr.
Director of Human Resources
160 Van Wyck Road
Blauvelt, NY 10913
Application Deadline February 22, 2013