Early Learning Coalition of Florida's Gateway | Lake City FL 32025 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 01/08/2013
Early Learning Coalition of Florida’s Gateway, Inc.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SEARCH
Position to be filled by June, 2013
Salary and Benefits: $60,000 to $90,000, based on experience and credentials.
Vision: Through community collaboration, the Early Learning Coalition of Florida’s Gateway will strive to meet the diverse needs of the families and children of Columbia, Hamilton, Lafayette, Suwannee and Union counties by ensuring young children’s access to high quality early learning programs.
Mission: The Early Learning Coalition of Florida’s Gateway recognizes that parents are their children’s first teachers and that all the children of Columbia, Hamilton, Lafayette, Suwannee and Union counties should enter kindergarten ready to learn. The Coalition seeks to assist parents by providing opportunities for young children to participate in quality early learning programs.
The Position: The Executive Director of the Early Learning Coalition of Florida’s Gateway (ELC-FG) is responsible for overall leadership and operational management. Reporting directly to the ELC-FG Board, the Executive Director is responsible for managing the Florida School Readiness, Voluntary Prekindergarten and Child Care Resource and Referral programs in ELC-FG’s five counties. The Executive Director recommends to the Board annual budgets that will most effectively meet the needs of the families and children in the service area. The Executive Director directly supervises the Finance Director and the IT Manager and, with the assistance of the Deputy Director for Performance and Accountability, oversees the Family Services and Provider Program Services Departments.
- Maintaining familiarity with the requirements of the federal Child Care Development Fund (CCDF), the Florida School Readiness Act (SR), the Florida Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program (VPK), Florida Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) and Florida’s Office of Early Learning’s (FOEL).
- Researching, developing and recommending various actions and strategies for ELC-FG in response to the requirements of the CCDF plan, SR and VPK statutes, CCR&R and FOEL.
- Providing guidance, assistance, and support to the ELC-FG staff in planning and implementing the SR, VPK and CCR&R for Columbia, Hamilton, Lafayette, Suwannee, and Union Counties with the guidance of the ELC-FG Board and in accord with statute and FOEL requirements.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with FOEL, the Florida Department of Education, the Florida Department of Children and Families and other local, state and federal agencies and offices.
- Facilitating regularly scheduled monthly meetings, occasional special meetings and committee meetings of the ELC-FG Board. Facilitation will include overseeing ELC-FG staff in notifying the Board of upcoming meetings, advertising meetings in accordance with the Florida Government in the Sunshine Law, preparing agendas under the guidance of the ELC-FG chairperson, securing and setting up meeting sites, documenting attendance, taking minutes, providing technical assistance to ELC-FG members at meetings and other such facilitation duties as required by ELC-FG members.
- Developing SR, VPK and CCR&R plans, policies, procedures and requests for proposals/bids in collaboration with the ELC-FG Board and its committees.
- Traveling as necessary within the five-county service area to attend meetings, to facilitate collaboration with community partners, to monitor and provide technical assistance to SR and VPK providers, or to provide other facilitation of the SR, VPK and CCR&R programs.
- Traveling as necessary within the State of Florida to attend state meetings, conferences, trainings and other events as appropriate.
- Maintaining and overseeing the daily operations of the ELC-FG offices by ensuring that ELC-FG hours of operation and the services are responsive to community and SR and VPK provider needs.
- Overseeing the daily operations of the ELC-FG staff in order to ensure that the provision of SR, VPK and CCR&R services meet community and SR and VPK provider needs and federal, state and FOEL requirements.
- Serving as supervisor of the Deputy Director for Performance and Accountability, the Finance Director and the IT Manager and conducting their annual performance appraisals.
- Assisting ELC-FG in locating the financial resources necessary to maintain current levels of service and/or to initiate new services.
- Providing visibility and advocacy for early learning issues state-wide and in all communities served.
- Working collaboratively with and establishing collaborative agreements with community partners.
- Being available to the Board Chair or Executive Committee for such other functions, duties or activities that are determined to be reasonable and necessary to accomplish the goals of ELC-FG.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Services, Administration or related field; Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Services, Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of nonprofit management experience, including working with budgets, supervision, recordkeeping, and reporting.
- Grant or contract management experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Florida Government in the Sunshine Law preferred.
- Familiarity with the Statutes, Rules and Regulations for SR, VPK and CCR&R preferred.
- Early Childhood Education experience preferred.
- Must clear Florida Level 2 background-screening requirements.
- Ability to supervise staff.
- Ability to understand and prepare comprehensive budgets.
- Ability to write and compile project applications and proposals.
- Ability to understand and prepare comprehensive reports.
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A professional attitude and demeanor.
Letters of interest, highlighting qualifications, and résumés may be sent to:
The Early Learning Coalition of Florida’s Gateway is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Location||Lake City, FL, United States|
|Organization Type||Non-profit Organization|
|Grade Level||Pre-School/Early Childhood|
|Teaching field||Early Childhood Education|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Contact Name||Thomas Logan|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|