Peer Power | Memphis TN 38120 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 01/22/2013
Reporting to and in partnership with the Peer Power Foundation Board of Directors (Board), staff, consultants, the Development Director will organize and lead all fund development efforts for Peer Power.
The ideal candidate for this position will couple a successful background in all aspects of professional non-profit fundraising – including annual fund campaign management, major gift solicitation, grant research and writing, and special event planning - with a strong personal interest in public education and community development.
The Development Director will be charged with raising approximately $350,000 - $500,000 annually to support Peer Power’s existing programs and continued expansion into new schools and districts, as governed by the organization’s Board and staff. More information on Peer Power can be found at PeerPowerFoundation.org.
- Develop and execute the annual fundraising plan to secure and increase annual financial contributions from a broad base of individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with major individual donors and foundations.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Manage concept development, planning, and execution of special events, including management of host committees, sponsorship solicitation, ticket sales, and cost-benefit reporting.
- Manage the implementation of a customer relationship management database.
- Manage data entry and gift processing.
- Develop and manage volunteers as related to fund development functions.
- Facilitate regular meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Compile and deliver regular reports to the Board of Directors regarding status of fund development efforts.
- Identify opportunities among program participants and stakeholders for media coverage or other marketing efforts.
- Support Board members during personal solicitations with data, reports, and/or other printed material and collateral.
- 5-plus years experience in non-profit fund development.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of non-profit fund development best practices.
- Proficiency with a customer relationship management database.
- Knowledge of local individuals and grant-making organizations, particularly those with a record for supporting education and education reform programs.
- Knowledge of national foundations and grant-making organizations, particularly those with a record for supporting education and education reform programs.
- Understanding of political and operational conditions of Memphis and Shelby County public schools, including ongoing merger efforts, existing education reform efforts, circumstances of exceptionally poor-performing schools, etc.
Salary range: $65,000 - $75,000
|Location||Memphis, TN, United States|
|Organization Type||Non-profit Organization|
|Grade Level||High School|
|Teaching field||After school/Extended Learning|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|Contact Name||Kerry Hayes|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|