Director IT School Support Services
Baltimore City Public School System | Baltimore MD 21201 USA | Full Time - School Year | Revised: 01/10/2013
BALTIMORE CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
JOB TITLE: Director – IT School Support Services
Responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of the Administrative Support Systems Cost Centers and for the complex coordination and integration of multiple diverse ongoing projects. Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of operational administrative information management systems and determines requirements for continuous improvement of such systems.
Assumes complete and/or shared responsibility with other Information Technology Managers/Directors for any or all of the following:
• Promotes the interfacing and control of present technology and the dissemination of technological information throughout the system.
• Performs analysis of purchased systems, hardware and software, and/or the internal design and development of hardware and software systems. Analyzes new technologies and runs competitive analyses.
• Manages liaison between information systems and other functions in the system.
• Coordinates the design, development, marketing, and maintenance for assigned technology projects.
• Manages assigned teams in the development, design, review, implementation and periodic revaluation of project plans and strategies to support the achievement of the departmental goals and objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field of study or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Degrees must be from an accredited college or institution.
• Five or more years related experience directing a technical office in a complex business environment.
• Proficient in Project Management and life cycle management including the latest technology developments. Ability to manage multiple projects and related personnel. Expertise and experience in the technical disciplines required in the assigned Cost Center(s). Expertise in Project Management and life cycle management of 2-3 large or complex projects, including the latest technology developments. Requires knowledge of resource management and business process analysis. Experience implementing Results Based budgetary and financial management principles. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with technical non-technical audiences.
To apply for any of the above positions, please visit www.baltimorecityschools.org/careers
All applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. Please provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number.
Deadline to apply January 30, 2012
|Location||Baltimore, MD, United States|
|Organization Type||Public School|
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|