Baltimore City Public School System | Baltimore MD 21201 USA | Full Time - School Year | Revised: 01/10/2013
BALTIMORE CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
JOB TITLE: Special Assistant
Assist the Chief Officer in monitoring and managing the day-to-day operation and coordination of activities and services. Ensure effective liaison, appropriate confidentiality, and coordination with all academic and non-academic departments on matters relating to administration, management, operations and strategic planning. Represents the Officer and provides leadership and direction for special projects that may have an operational or organizational impact.
• Coordinates and manages administrative functions and special projects on behalf of the Chief Officer.
• Consults, advises, and provides leadership for programs and/or initiatives as assigned.
• Evaluates needs and services, human capital requirements, feasibility and cost effectiveness, performance and accountability, and other aspects of division management.
• Prepares executive summaries, documents, and correspondence.
• Drafts and collects pertinent budgetary planning and implementation data
• Monitors and implements procedures for the distribution and use of funds allocated to implement the division’s management plan.
• Responds to inquiries about problems, issues, program status, or activities and provides reports to the Chief Officer.
• Coordinates and provides technical and logistical support for staffing and staffing transfers.
• Reviews grievances and complaints and assists in conducting administrative assessments.
• Responds to information requests from City Schools’ central office departments, schools, and the public on matters related to the Chief Officers area of responsibility.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, business, management, public administration or related field; Masters degree preferred. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution
• Three years administration experience in public education or related field
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to make effective presentations to diverse audiences
To apply for any of the above positions, please visit www.baltimorecityschools.org/careers
All applicants must complete an online application and upload a resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. Please provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number.
Deadline to apply January 30, 2013
|Location||Baltimore, MD, United States|
|Categories||Operations Director, Director/Manager/Coordinator, Consultant|
|Organization Type||Public School|
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|