Assistant Principal for Professional Development
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School | Olney MD 20832 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 12/11/2012
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School (Olney, MD), a Catholic, co-ed, Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School of 1,280 students is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Principal for Professional Development for the 2013-2014 school year.
The Assistant Principal for Professional Development plays a critical role in shaping as well as implementing the vision of the school.
Among the job duties are the following:
- Training teachers in new and appropriate teaching strategies;
- Assisting teachers in the classroom to implement strategies which promote active learning;
- Integrating the use of technology to support classroom instruction;
- Organizing and implementing the New Teacher Program;
- Assisting teachers with Professional Growth Plans;
- Developing a yearly school-wide plan for Professional Development;
- Assisting the Principal with formal observations of teachers.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a leadership style that builds strong relationships, embraces compassionate strength and emphasizes collaboration.
Applications, including cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for four references are due electronically on or before January 31, 2013.
|Location||Olney, MD, United States|
|Organization Type||Independent/Private School|
|Grade Level||High School|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Contact Name||Paul Barker|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|