Director of Special Education
Fauquier County Public Schools | Warrenton VA 20186 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 12/06/2012
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
County Government & Public Schools
320 Hospital Drive, Suite 34
Warrenton, Virginia 20186
Phone: (540) 422-8300 Fax: (540) 422-8316VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTSY2012-2013
POSITION: Director of Special Education
LOCATION: Special Education Department
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: SPED321
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: $87,255.00
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time Permanent, 12 months
REPORTS TO: Associate Superintendent
POSTING DATE: December 6, 2012
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
- Develop and implement the school division’s special education program to include program development for exceptional students; program compliance and monitoring; staffing decision-making; and on-going collaboration with general education and student services;
- Direct supervision of program supervisors and specialists (Special Education Supervisors, Diagnosticians, Therapists, Psychologists, and Social Workers);
- Financial management of a multi-million dollar budget.
- Thorough knowledge of Virginia special education regulations as well as the federal mandates of IDEA;
- A post graduate professional certificate with a Master’s Degree in Special Education, Administration and Supervision, Curriculum and Instruction, or a related area;
- Endorsements in Special Education and Administration and Supervision PreK-12 are preferred;
- Experience in an area of special education, school, or central office administration is preferred;
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force to move objects.
POST OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, employment reference check, and receipt of the Child Abuse and Neglect training certificate. This training is free online at: http://www.dss.virginia.gov/family/cps/mandated_reporters/cws5691/index.html. The cost for the background check is $44.00 by personal check or money order made payable to “Treasurer, Fauquier County”. Cash and credit/debit cards are not accepted.
- Interested applicants must submit a Fauquier County Government and Public Schools Online Application at https://jobs.fauquiercounty.gov/
- Please submit all official college or university transcripts, a copy of Virginia license, and three (3) references to Human Resources, 320 Hospital Drive, School Recruitment, Suite 34, Warrenton, VA 20186.
The Fauquier County School Board is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability or sex in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities.
|Location||Warrenton, VA, United States|
|Organization Type||Public School|
|Teaching field||Special Education|
|Contact Name||Kelly Luschenat|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|