Senior Manager of School Relations
City Year | Boston MA 02116 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 12/04/2012
The Senior Manager of School Relations is a role at City Year Headquarters created to bring greater focus and expertise to how City Year’s work aligns with national education priorities and how City Year can partner with key state and local stakeholders to help implement them. Reporting to the Vice President of School Relations, the Senior Manager of School Relations will work as part of a talented and diverse team to strengthen partnership and implementation processes that will help City Year and partners achieve higher levels of impact in low performing schools.
The Senior Manager of School Relations will lead on the following priority work streams:
- State education engagement strategy: Identify opportunities to engage with state departments of education to leverage state programs aligned with City Year’s value for local school district implementation.
- District data (cyschoolhouse) strategy: Research district and state level policy to understand accelerators and barriers to adoption of City Year’s student-level intervention tracking system and project manage the development of national adoption strategy.
- Supporting systemic reforms: Work with City Year sites to identify alignment of WSWC and systemic reforms at the district level (e.g., common core, early warning systems).
- Supporting local positioning of City Year’s Long-Term Impact goal: Support sites in increasing adoption of reform conditions to create and sustain City Year’s continuum of care approach.
- ESEA Waiver implementation strategy: Support City Year sites in understanding the details of state-specific ESEA flexibility waivers and identify key areas of alignment for City Year’s work.
- New Site Development state and district relations: Research state and district strategic priorities for states and cities targeted for City Year expansion.
- Education funds flow training and communication: Act as City Year’s internal expert on the flow of education funds from state to local levels; coach relevant staff on implications of education reform and funding decisions to local decision making and communicate key decisions, trends and programs to the City Year network.
- Preferred: Graduate Degree in education, business, or policy
- Keen understanding of City Year’s mission, culture and the role of national service
- Experience in education reform and nonprofit management
- Data-proven effectiveness in directing operations to achieve stated goals; effectiveness in directing education-based program preferred
- Project planning and management experience; process and detail oriented
- Experience with multi-site organization with remote sites a plus
- Management of organizational development/capacity building projects
- Experience as a successful coach/mentor
- Experience with knowledge management systems
- Experience developing organizational learning content and rolling out training initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work and to communicate well with diverse audiences
- Experience in managing multiple large scale relationships/partnerships
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Ability and experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and dynamic organization
- Comfort with change and able to provide structure and clarity when needed
- Able to prioritize and take initiative in fast changing environment
- Independent problem solving skills
- Experience working collaboratively and in team environment
- Sense of humor and flexibility
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS
Comprehensive benefits including health insurance, vacation days, holidays, parental leave, 401K, FSA, Blackberry phone/service and more.
Qualified applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and references to:
City Year Headquarters
Senior Manager of School Relations Search
Attn: Lisa Lerma, Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition
Subject: CY School Relations Search
|Location||Boston, MA, United States|
|Categories||Evaluation/Assessment/Testing, Director/Manager/Coordinator, Consultant, Research, Grants/Fundraising|
|Organization Type||Non-profit Organization|
|Grade Level||Elementary 4-6, Middle School/Junior High, High School|
|Contact Name||Lisa Lerma|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|