Director of Recruitment
Blueprint Schools Network | -Multiple Locations- | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 12/04/2012
Blueprint Schools Network (Blueprint) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to using a rigorous research-based framework to accelerate achievement and close the achievement gap in the nation’s lowest-performing public schools.
Blueprint was born out of an unprecedented analysis of more than 100 charter schools to identify what is driving achievement in the most successful of these schools. From this research five strategies emerged as the drivers of school transformation in gap-closing charters: 1) Excellence in Leadership and Instruction; 2) Increased Instructional Time; 3) A No-Excuses School Culture of High Expectations; 4) Use of Data from Frequent Assessments to Improve Instruction; and 5) Daily Tutoring in Critical Growth Years.
Blueprint brings the research on successful charter practices to life by implementing these five strategies in the context of traditional public school districts. Blueprint plans, implements, and monitors the progress of whole school transformation with the goal of dramatically improving the educational and life opportunities for all students.
Blueprint’s model is currently in implementation in 30 schools across two districts: 20 “Apollo 20” schools in partnership with the Houston Independent School District (HISD) and the Education Innovation Laboratory at Harvard University and ten schools in partnership with Denver Public Schools (DPS) in the Far Northeast’s Denver Summit Schools Network. These 30 schools currently serve more than 22,000 students. Blueprint plans to expand our model to a third district by 2013.
Director of Recruitment Job Description:
The Director of Recruitment will be responsible for recruiting top-performing school leaders, teachers, and tutors for our partner schools. He/she will be charged with building a pipeline of outstanding talent to ensure that our network has the human capital necessary to achieve our ambitious goals as we grow to scale.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the development of a broad recruiting strategy to attract diverse, highly qualified candidates for leadership and teaching positions;
- Work directly with Blueprint’s Recruiting Coordinator on the development and execution of Blueprint’s Math Fellow recruitment and selection strategy for Blueprint’s Math Fellows program;
- Leverage national networks and partner organizations to identify and recruit talent;
- Work closely with partner district Human Resources departments to develop and oversee hiring systems and processes;
- Build strategic partnerships with colleges, universities and community organizations to broaden and deepen Blueprint’s human capital pipeline;
- Oversee Blueprint’s participation in recruiting events and career fairs;
- Report to Blueprint’s cabinet and Board of Directors on progress in recruitment and selection activities;
- Provide prompt and professional communication to candidates throughout the recruitment and hiring process; and
- Track progress towards recruitment and selection goals and regularly communicate this data to Blueprint and district leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree in education, business, public policy, management, or related fields preferred.
- At least seven (7) years of school and/or district leadership, human resources, recruitment, or professional management experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and generate excitement around Blueprint’s mission and work;
- In-depth knowledge of requisite skills and competencies of highly-effective teachers and school leaders;
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset;
- Exemplary writing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- The ability to collect, manipulate, and interpret data;
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel and knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel and work beyond a traditional work week.
|Categories||Human Resources/Talent Management, Director/Manager/Coordinator|
|Organization Type||Non-profit Organization|
|Grade Level||Elementary 1-3, Elementary 4-6, Middle School/Junior High, High School|
|City||State Code||Postal Code||Country|
|Contact Name||Shannon Fox|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|