Director of Blended Learning
Denver Public Schools | Denver CO 80002 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 12/03/2012
Job Title: Director of Blended Learning (7383)
Location: Interdisciplinary Learning - Educational Technology
Salary Range: $77,505 - $98,819
Provides district-wide leadership and support to the successful implementation of blended learning instructional models in Denver Public Schools. (Blended Learning is defined as a hybrid school-based program comprised of both students’ self-paced online learning and teacher led instruction.)
- Manage the DPS Janus Blended Learning Grant Initiative and its integration in select district schools.
- Ensure program has a viable and diverse pipeline of Janus Blended Learning Lab Site Schools
- Support program integration and growth through research-based strategies for effective, blended learning instruction
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain high performing staff responsible for program implementation, field work, technology, data systems, site support, and outreach
- Measure and monitor progress against other DPS instructional models, program objectives and performance targets
- Lead the refinement and articulation of the program’s long-term sustainability, scalability, operating principles, and lead the development of a high-level strategy to support them
- Organize networks to increase engagement opportunities with Janus leadership and employees
- Collaborate with district staff to:
- Determine areas of district greatest need and opportunity that could be effectively supported with a blended learning program (schools, grade levels, subject areas, geographic regions, student populations, after school and summer programs, etc.)
- Develop strategic implementation and measurement plans for new DPS blended learning schools/programs.
- Evaluate, select and coordinate the purchase of self-paced, personalized student online curriculum for use in blended learning programs.
- Evaluate, select, purchase, and/or work with district staff to build or adapt online data management resources for gathering and delivering student progress data to instructional staff, students and parents.
- Manage the development and delivery of district professional development to support district and grant blended learning sites.
- Manage ongoing relationships with internal district partners.
- Research and remain current on existing successful blended learning models nationwide.
- Research, evaluate and recommend adaptive curricular resources suitable for DPS blended learning programs.
- Research, evaluate and recommend instructional, organizational and funding models necessary for successful DPS blended learning programs.
- Recruit and support DPS schools and programs in the implementation of blended learning models.
- Connect and actively engage with local and national blended learning thought leaders, foundations, non-profits, organizations, businesses, education technology vendors, and others who are actively pursuing building or supporting blended learning instructional models and strategies.
- Identify and seek potential funding sources to help support a DPS blended learning program or school (foundation support, grants, etc.)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree in Educational Technology, School Administration, Educational Policy, and/or Instructional Design or equivalent highly desirable
- Five years of experience in a leadership role in K-12 education and experience in instructional design, educational technology, education policy, or education research. Classroom teaching experience using a blended learning model is a plus.
Knowledge and Other Qualifications:
Proven ability to effectively:
- Motivate oneself and others towards high levels of achievement
- Plan, manage and document projects
- Perform project needs analysis, task analysis, and gap analysis
- Establish and maintain project scope and goals; prepare project management documentation
- Prioritize and schedule responsibilities for oneself and others
- Evaluate non-traditional instructional programs—especially online and computer based
- Evaluate online curricular programs and software—especially online and computer based
- Manage budgets and financial planning models, analyze and interpret financial reports and variety of data
- Facilitate user groups, focus groups, needs assessment meetings, and project teams
- Communicate, with a strong ability to communicate with diverse groups, including marketing presentations to various constituencies
- Prepare reports, professional correspondences and procedural guides and manuals
- Write and prepare grant and fundraising proposal
Extensive knowledge of:
- Blended learning instructional experience, including school-based administration and instruction
- Best practices for the design and delivery of blended learning instruction
- Best practice methodologies for online information architecture, interface design, interaction design, usability issues, and user-centered design
- Application of learning theories to instructional design (e.g., behavioral, cognitive and constructivist)
- Best practice uses of rich media resources in learning environments
- Project management fundamentals
|Location||Denver, CO, United States|
|Organization Type||Public School|
|Contact Name||Mia Petterson|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|