This job is no longer active on TopSchoolJobs.org. Please contact the employer directly.
LYNBROOK PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Nassau County, New York
The Lynbrook Public Schools, located in Nassau County (NY) on the beautiful south shore of Long Island are seeking a SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This 2,900-student, seven-building school district enjoys a long tradition of successful students, academically, athletically and in the arts. The community of Lynbrook, including its parents, business leaders and local officials, are highly involved with and supportive of the school district and its students.
The Board of Education has determined that the successful candidate will be:
• A highly-energetic leader who is visible, accessible, and approachable, both in the schools and in the community, and who is collaborative in leading a supportive staff, community and Board of Education
• An administrator of the highest integrity, with outstanding communication skills (listening, speaking, writing), and a track record of actively involving stakeholders in decision making
• A strong, student-centered leader with proven ability to develop creative, out-of-the-box approaches to enhancing programs in an already high-performing school district
• An experienced educator with classroom, building level and central office experiences and a strong background in developing successful practices in instruction, budgeting and finance, and facility planning during challenging economic times
• A visionary and respected leader who has demonstrated the ability to build trust among all members of a school community and who values and uses community input
The Board is offering a regionally-competitive compensation.
New York State Certification as a School District Leader (SDL) or School District Administrator (SDA) is required.
CONFIDENTIAL ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL JANUARY 21, 2013
Please go to the School Leadership web site (www.leadschools.us) and click on the on-line application link under Current Vacancies.
To learn more about the Lynbrook Schools,
An Equal Opportunity Employer