Blueprint Schools Network | Boston MA 02458 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 11/29/2012
Blueprint Schools Network (Blueprint) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to using a rigorous research-based framework to accelerate achievement and close the achievement gap in the nation’s lowest-performing public schools.
Blueprint was born out of an unprecedented analysis of more than 100 charter schools to identify what is driving achievement in the most successful of these schools. From this research five strategies emerged as the drivers of school transformation in gap-closing charters: 1) Excellence in Leadership and Instruction; 2) Increased Instructional Time; 3) A No-Excuses School Culture of High Expectations; 4) Use of Data from Frequent Assessments to Improve Instruction; and 5) Daily Tutoring in Critical Growth Years.
Blueprint brings the research on successful charter practices to life by implementing these five strategies in the context of the districts themselves. Blueprint plans, implements, and monitors the progress of whole school transformation with the goal of dramatically improving the educational and life opportunities for all students.
Blueprint’s model is currently being implemented in 30 schools across two districts: 20 “Apollo 20” schools in partnership with the Houston Independent School District (HISD) and the Education Innovation Laboratory at Harvard University and ten schools in partnership with Denver Public Schools (DPS) in the Far Northeast’s Denver Summit Schools Network. These 30 schools currently serve more than 22,000 students.
Regional Director Job Description:
We are seeking a Regional Director to oversee the implementation of our education programs and strategies across a network Blueprint’s partner schools. The position will require the ability to oversee the planning, launch, and management of our education programs, which include individualized tutoring during the regular school day, professional development for school leadership teams and teachers, use of assessment data systems to differentiate instruction, creation of strong school cultures, and effective use of longer school days and years. The Regional Director will build relationships with district superintendents and executive directors, partner with teams of principals and district leaders and collaborate with the Blueprint team in order to lead a subset of Blueprint’s schools to rapid, dramatic, and sustainable improvement. The Regional Director will be based out of our Newton, MA office and will require some travel to partner schools and district offices.
Required activities include (but are not limited to):
- Oversee district-level diligence process and strategic planning in preparation for the Fall 2013 opening of a network of Blueprint’s schools;
- Direct day-to-day implementation of our turnaround strategies and programs in partner schools;
- Work closely with district leadership to monitor school progress;
- Facilitate professional development for school leadership teams and teachers;
- Oversee national recruitment, selection, hiring, training and curricula for the tutoring corps;
- Lead regular site visits, which include classroom observations and conversations with students, staff, and school leaders;
- Work closely with district leadership to monitor school progress and student outcomes;
- Oversee national recruitment, selection, hiring, training and curricula for tutoring corps in our partner districts;
- Collect, manipulate, and interpret student and teacher data;
- Identify potential issues and obstacles and proactively take action to create and implement solutions; and
- Represent Blueprint Schools Network at school board meetings, community meetings and conferences.
- Commitment to Blueprint’s mission;
- At least five (5) years of school leadership, district leadership or professional management experience;
- Experience as a principal strongly preferred;
- Masters degree in education, business, public policy, management, or related fields required.
- Demonstrated success in dramatically improving student achievement;
- Ability to build and lead teams to achieve ambitious goals;
- Instructional leadership and coaching skills;
- Experience in an entrepreneurial setting; and
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
|Location||Boston, MA, United States|
|Categories||Professional Development/Instructional Coach, Director/Manager/Coordinator|
|Organization Type||Non-profit Organization|
|Grade Level||Pre-School/Early Childhood, Elementary 1-3, Elementary 4-6, Middle School/Junior High, High School|
|Contact Name||Shannon Fox|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|