Dir - Prof Development – Implementation (6766)
Discovery Communications | Boise ID 83701 USA | Full Time - School Year, Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 11/19/2012
Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than 1.5 billion cumulative subscribers in 210 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity through 130-plus worldwide television networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science and Investigation Discovery, as well as US joint venture networks OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, The Hub and 3net, the first 24-hour 3D network. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools and owns and operates a diversified portfolio of digital media services, including HowStuffWorks.com.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Dir - Prof Development – Implementation in Boise, ID.
The Director of Professional Development Implementation is responsible for working with senior school district staff to ensure all aspects of paid professional development exceed customer expectations by flawlessly planning, delivering, and merchandising all purchased professional development within Discovery Education. Additionally, the Director of Professional Development Implementation is responsible for supporting the leadership, management, training, and logistical details associated with building the professional development business products within Discovery Education in conjunction with digital and assessment services as well as an independent line of business.
- Responsible for knowing all functional and educational aspects of all DE products and services.
- Serve as an educational expert to make instructional, assessment, and pedagogical connections between all products and best educational practice.
- Exercise a leadership role in the development of written documents and product tools that serve to increase the effectiveness of the product and corresponding professional development.
Professional Development Implementation/Delivery
Written PD Implementation Plans
- Detailed plans that provide a clear pathway to execute the PD plan and scope of work outlined in the contract
- Ensure successful integration and utilization of Discovery Education services
- Reflect the work of the PD team and limits alterations and customizations by highlighting our expertise and quality content
- Well received by the client/educational partner and in accordance with their needs
- A tool to continually message progress throughout the implementation to appropriate sales team and client/educational partner
- Developed in conjunction with the sales process and ready once the sale is closed
On-Going Client Support
- Be prepared for regular communication with the client to ensure flawless implementation of the PD Implementation Plan
- Address on-going client needs for the PD plan that maintain the scope of work in the contract and leverage the value of DE
- Collect photos, quotes, PD survey data, stories, etc. to build a case study for the client, use this data in regular partnership meetings as called by the sales team
- Continually message client needs and progress back to PD team and appropriate sales team
Data Management & Measures of Success
- Ensure successful professional development delivery by tracking and messaging all of the needed data to define "success" as measured by usage reports, satisfaction surveys and other evaluative measures.
- Throughout large-scale professional development implementations, track and merchandise usage statistics and conduct satisfaction surveys at all levels (i.e. teachers, administrators, trainers, etc).
- Discuss PD delivery progress with key district administrators throughout the implementation to ensure key stakeholder satisfaction.
- Constantly track Sales Logix and Sales Force to ensure first contact for scheduling is within two days of closed opportunity.
- Develop mechanisms to continuously gather feedback throughout implementation process from all stakeholders, including classroom teachers, curriculum coordinators, media specialist, administrators, etc.
- Continuously track and intervene immediately if customer satisfaction falls below predetermined threshold.
PD Product Development
- Lead in the development of PD content, delivery models, and all corresponding materials to ensure a strong PD product for sales to clients.
- Ensure all PD content is consistent with cutting edge and research based best practices in PD and adult learning theory.
- Ensure nationwide consistency of all Discovery Education professional development events including signage, collateral, agendas, training materials, etc.
Oversee Senior Managers for Professional Development
- Provide leadership and direction as well as supervisory oversight to the Senior Managers of PD with regards to the following areas:
- Organizing Key Accounts
- Scheduling and Coordination
- Course Development
- Training Manuals
Oversee Independently Contracted Professional Development Specialists
- Support management of pool of independently contracted PD Specialists to ensure high quality individuals are selected and developed to provide flawless professional learning experiences.
- Observation visits to ICPD Specialists for quality control and professional growth purposes.
- Provide continuous field level support to ICPD Specialists for professional growth.
- Provide leadership for monthly webinars to communicate with ICPD Specialists.
- Coordinate logistics for annual or bi-annual academy sessions for ICPD Specialists.
- Ensure scheduling is completed in a timely and customer friendly manner
- Align and coordinate travel when applicable.
- Ensure trainings are scheduled, completed, and invoiced in a timely fashion.
- Communicate regularly with the Director of Professional Development Partnerships to ensure successful implementations are leveraged for the purposes of renewing both professional development contracts and digital services in subsequent years.
- Provide leadership in the creation of PD sales and marketing materials based on model implementations to be leverage in subsequent conversations for the purposes of both upselling existing accounts and merchandising across similar accounts nationwide.
- Adhere to budget by managing ICA related costs and travel expenses to ensure a minimum of 50% profit margins within the professional development line of business.
- Work with Discovery Education finance on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate projection of recognized revenue aligned to training schedule.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of DE’s overall goals and strategic vision; sharing this knowledge with customers when appropriate.
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends, current events, anything that may impact the business by reading professional publications, researching all available prospect/product resources and participating in professional organizations.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Understand new technologies and industry trends and be able to speak to how they impact Discovery Education.
- Read professional literature regularly to contribute as a thought-leader and educational expert to DE.
- Communicate workload focus on a regular basis (daily, weekly, etc).
- Proactively share information that you’ve learned in the field to support other reps/regions meeting their objectives.
- Demonstrate a “problem solving- solution oriented” approach.
- Maintain clear and complete account files (ensuring ease of information sharing).
10. Establish strong relationships will all clients.
* Advanced degree required, Masters Degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
* Approximately 6-8 years experience, or equivalent, in roles of increasing responsibility with 4 years of experience in education preferred.
* Deep ties to the education community including the ability to navigate the political landscape of public school systems.
* Strong knowledge and experience with professional development.
* Thorough working knowledge of education technology including digital media and emerging web technologies and their application in the educational environment.
* Impeccable interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
* Background or experience in education sales/implementation preferred.
* Attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload.
* Ability to work as a team and in a fast-paced environment.
* Candidate must be willing to travel approximately 70-80% of the time with seasonal variations.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, please visit: http://careers.discovery.com/ and where indicated, input requisition number: 6766
PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL CALL FAX OR MAIL IN RESUME
**Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice. Not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. Discovery values the unique point of view each employee brings to the workplace. We strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich audiences we wish to attract and serve.**
Discovery Communications and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers
|Location||Boise, ID, United States|
|Categories||Professional Development/Instructional Coach, Director/Manager/Coordinator|
|Organization Type||For-profit Organization|
|Grade Level||Elementary 1-3, Elementary 4-6, Middle School/Junior High, High School|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|