Pearson Education | US USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 11/05/2012
The ideal candidate will be very fluent in Spanish and support our Southern Region.
Under the direction of the SVP Field Services the General Manager (GM) serves as the chief administrator for the regional office, which is the headquarters for the regional team.
- Oversee the organization, implementation and evaluation of all aspects of the region’s work. Typically our School Improvement Engagements are intensive 3-year contracts aimed at improving school culture and student achievement results.
- Provide oversight of program quality and staff development/mentoring of all region personnel.
- Manage capacity of field staff toward 150 day utilization metric.
- Manage budget for region in cooperation with regional business manager.
- Prepare briefing notes, reports, and presentations as required.
- Assist in developing and reaching region sales targets, with specific responsibility for client renewals.
- Assist sales personnel in sales meetings and presentations.
- Assist in developing the credibility of the region by maintaining and providing timely and accurate reports and analyses, including those that assist other staff members in performing their responsibilities.
- Assist with the development of long-range plans, programs, and strategies.
- Understand and implement policies and procedures of the organization.
- Provide advice to senior officials concerning relevant regional issues.
- School administration experience, Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent or Building Principal
- Experience with school reform implementation efforts
- Knowledge of standards-based reform, curriculum, instruction, and assessment
- Ability to plan strategically
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstration of strong human relations skills
- Knowledge of school organization and district organization for public schools
- Willingness to travel and to provide on-site logistical support
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Word processing skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Master degree or higher
|Location||US, United States|
|Categories||CEO/Superintendent/President, Head of School/Principal, Commissioner|
|Organization Type||For-profit Organization|
|Grade Level||Elementary 1-3, Elementary 4-6, Middle School/Junior High, High School|
|Contact Name||Regina Ryder|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|