This job is no longer active on TopSchoolJobs.org. Please contact the employer directly.
Announcement of Administrative Vacancy
Grayslake Community High School District 127
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR PERSONNEL SERVICES
Position Posted: October 10, 2012
Grayslake Community High School District 127 is seeking an Assistant Superintendent for Personnel Services to begin July 1, 2013. This cabinet level position reports directly to the Superintendent. District 127 is located in Grayslake, Illinois. The district serves approximately 3000 students in grades 9-12 in two high schools with more than 300 certified and educational support staff members.
The successful candidate for this position should be able to:
• Motivate, develop, and support a high performing, high quality team, and holding all accountable for improved student achievement.
• Use effective oral and written communication skills.
• Develop and strengthen media and community relations programs and outreach.
• Be a visible presence in the schools and develop position relationships to strengthen teaching and learning goals.
• Develop and maintain positive and productive relationship with union and actively participate in contract negotiations
• Actively support and supervise all personnel practices and services, including:
o Staff selection, induction and retention programs
o Staff evaluation process, including PERA and SB7 requirements
o Staff certification and recertification process
o Professional development programs and offerings
o Facilitate Board of Education Program, Policy and Personnel Committee
• Type 75 Certification
• Strong, proven leadership, supervision and administrative skills
• Demonstrated professionalism
• Administrative experience at the high school level
• Demonstrated ability to work with people in a way that facilitates positive growth in both students and staff
• Strong, proven communication skills
• Strong, proven teacher evaluation skills
Salary and Benefits:
A regionally competitive salary with excellent employment benefits based on the qualifications and employment history of the candidate.
Applications are considered complete when all required materials are submitted including the following: 1) an on-line application for administrative staff at www.d127.org, 2) a letter of interest in the position, 3) unofficial copies of all college or university transcripts, 4) three recent letters of recommendation from past or current professional employment, and 5) copies of teaching and administrative certificates. The application and all required documents should be attached to the on-line application.
Inquiries from qualified candidates should be addressed to the Assistant Superintendent for Personnel Services or the Superintendent of Schools.