Principal West Catholic Preparatory High School
Archdiocese of Philadelphia | Philadelphia PA 19139 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 03/20/2017
West Catholic Preparatory High School
4501 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, Pa. 19139-3699
Please Post on March 20, 2017
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia Office of Catholic Education seeks a dynamic, innovative, results-driven leader for Principal of West Catholic Preparatory High School. West Catholic Preparatory High School is a co-educational high school located in Philadelphia. The Principal is appointed by the Secretary for Catholic Education and Superintendent for Secondary Schools. The Principal reports directly to the President and the Superintendent for Secondary Schools. The Principal has both the authority and responsibility for the school’s academic success, continuous improvement, safe environments, and Catholic identity,
West Catholic Preparatory High School is a Catholic community of academic excellence in an urban environment that is open to an interdenominational population. West Catholic Prep prepares each student to face the challenges of everyday life, embrace leadership positions in the community, and value service in an ever-changing global society. West Catholic Prep is conducted in the Lasallian tradition and embraces the virtues of St. John Baptist de La Salle.
As the Principal of the school, the primary responsibilities include:
- Leadership: Provides personal and visible leadership to all members of the learning community and seeks continuous school improvement in a student- centric The Principal ensures equity in educational opportunities, supports academic programs and enhancements, and provides a safe, rigorous, relevant, quality education for all students.
- Academic Affairs: The Principal is the curriculum and instructional He/she also designs the academic program of the school ensuring program enhancement using the most current research and best practices available to education; provides for the teaching assignments of the teachers, requisitions instructional materials and equipment, and approves the master roster for the school.
- Personnel: In accord with the protocols approved for religious and diocesan priests, as well as the Labor-Management Agreement, and in consultation with the President of the school, the Principal selects members of the teaching staff,
the guidance staff, athletic coaches, activity moderators, and support staff. Likewise, the Principal in consultation with the President initiates the termination process for the above-mentioned personnel following the archdiocesan guidelines and the procedures outlined in the Labor-Management Agreement.
- Student Affairs and Student Services: Oversees the successful implementation of all student activities sponsored by the high Provides for the student-centric climate; enforcement of the local school code of conduct, for the availability of guidance and counseling services, and for the delivery of other services that are offered to students.
- Catholic Identity: Responsible for fostering a culture of academic excellence and Gospel Advances a spirit conducive to prayer and study across the school community.
- Urban Ministry: Possess understanding and abilities around the unique ministry and mission of serving needs of students of many faiths in an urban setting, providing high-quality alternative to public
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- MA or PhD in education Advanced graduate degree in educational leadership desired. A valid Secondary Pennsylvania Principal’s Certificate desired.
- Five years of successful teaching and/or administrative experience, preferably in an urban, Catholic, secondary setting. Experience within a Lasallian school Public and/or Charter experience desired. Candidate must have previous administrative experience.
- Experience in new academic plan/concept
- Knowledge of “STEM”, “STEAM”, or “Engineering Technology”
- Experience in using student performance data to inform
- Strong organizational management Experience managing multiple reports, leading meetings, and coaching/developing/motivating people.
- Strong interpersonal Ability to work productively and positively with staff, parents and community.
- Strong instructional leadership, collaborative, and teacher evaluation/coaching
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to motivate and Comfortable and effective leading group meetings, and public speaking.
- Sound decision making, conflict prevention and resolution
Educational leaders ready to transform Catholic education in the Philadelphia region are invited to apply. The Archdiocese offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and education.
Those interested in the position should send their cover letter, resume, and transcripts to Archdiocese of Philadelphia, James Molnar HR Manager for Secondary Education, 222 North 17th St. Philadelphia, PA 19103 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mark the subject line: Candidate: Principal West Catholic Preparatory High School.
|Location||Philadelphia, PA, United States|
|Categories||Head of School/Principal|
|Organization Type||Parochial School|
|Grade Level||High School|
|Experience Years||4 yrs|
|Contact Name||James Molnar|
|How to apply||A resume is required to apply to this job. Applications are sent to employer via email. Click on the link below and follow instructions.|
|Apply||Click Here (apply to job)|
|Primary Phone||215 587 3976|
|Primary Fax||215 933 5235|