Coordinator of Elementary STEM
251 S. Prince St. Lancaster PA 17603 | Lancaster PA 17603 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 03/17/2017
- Valid PA Supervisory or Administrative Certificate.
- Valid PA Principal Certificate preferred.
- Master’s Degree or B.S. in Elementary Education, Mathematics, Mathematics Education or Science Education.
- Minimum of five years teaching with elementary and / or elementary mathematics or science experience.
- Deep knowledge of Mathematics standards, content and pedagogy.
- Deep knowledge of Science standards, content and pedagogy.
- Adept at using differentiated instructional strategies.
- Ability to provide leadership for district implementation of reform mathematics, using district-adopted programs
- Able to connect the Mathematics curriculum with Science and Technology.
- Experience in using instructional technology to support mathematics and / or science instruction.
- Understanding of adult learning and teacher training issues related to mathematics and science.
- Strong written and oral communications skills using both formal and informal styles as appropriate for audience and purpose.
- Interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills to effectively facilitate and manage.
- Alternatives to the above that the School Board may find appropriate.
REPORTS TO: Director for Curriculum and Instruction
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
JOB GOAL: To provide leadership, training, and support for a high-quality elementary level mathematics and science programs that prepares all students, including sub-groups, to meet or exceed proficiency on external assessments; provides opportunities for acceleration; and prepares students for success at the elementary level
- Coordinate curriculum, instruction, assessment, professional development, and resource selection for elementary level mathematics and science.
- Ensure vertical alignment of elementary, middle, and high school curriculum, instruction, and assessment in mathematics and science.
- Facilitate curriculum development in mathematics and science with Coordinator for Elementary Mathematics and Science.
- Monitor and facilitate fidelity of implementation of mathematics and science programs, in partnership with building-level administrators trained to identify and assess effective mathematics and science instructional practices and classroom environment.
- Work with teachers to develop pacing guides that map out the use of district-adopted mathematics and science programs with the grade-level expectations and PA Eligible content, identifying areas where supplemental instruction needs to be provided.
- Identify and provide training in the use of assessments to monitor, deliver, and adjust instruction tailored to diverse needs of students.
- Work with coordinators and school staff to focus training and support on the needs of Special Education, ELL, and Gifted students.
- Work with school staff to establish an accelerated enrichment opportunities for high-achieving students.
- Work with school staff to provide opportunities for tutoring.
- Work with coordinators and school staff to engage, motivate, and advance all students, with a focus on closing the achievement gap.
- Work with science staff to increase cohesion between Mathematics, Science, and Technology
- Identify and use technology in the delivery of mathematics and science instruction.
- Plan, schedule and facilitate professional development for elementary mathematics coaches and teachers, reflecting alignment and coordination with elementary and early childhood levels.
- Plan, schedule and facilitate professional development for district administrators, including support for observation and evaluation of effective mathematics and science instruction.
- Ensure appropriate training for teachers of specialized programs.
- Work with external consulting resources to create and sustain a cadre of professional development providers.
- Maintain records of mathematics and science professional development.
- Engage parents and community in understanding and supporting high achievement in mathematics and science.
- Manage budget and expenditures.
- Serve as project director for mathematics and/or science funding resources for the duration of its tenure.
- Develop educational contracts related to federal, state, and local funding resources that support increased student achievement and professional development.
- Develop and write grant proposals for entitlement programs and seek new funding sources that are aligned with the district Strategic Plan and support student achievement through targeted use of Federal, state, and local funds.
- Integrate work with other members of OTL and Student Services:
- facilitate engagement of other coordinators in elementary mathematics and science;
- contribute to work of other coordinators; and
- work collaboratively as part of flexible, project-based work teams with duties shifting according to the changing needs of the projects underway.
- Support schools with high stakes testing.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Full year. Salary to be established by the Board.
Performance is evaluated per the district’s Performance Evaluation and Compensation Plan for
School and District Leaders
Sitting for limited periods of time
100% physically active, standing and walking for extended periods of time
Occasional bending, crouching, stooping, twisting, reaching and grasping
Manual dexterity and repetitive movement of fingers and hands for keyboarding
Ability to climb stairs
Some lifting, up to 25 pounds
Ability to speak clearly and distinctly
Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
Must have a positive attitude, cooperative spirit, and sensitivity in relating to student, staff, parents and community
Ability to work with limited supervision
Ability to interpret detailed written and verbal communications
Ability to perform basic math skills
Ability to use word processing software
School settings, including offices, classrooms, hallways, cafeteria and school grounds, as well as neighborhood/community
Ability to travel to other locations for training and meetings
Approved by Executive Staff Member:
|Location||Lancaster, PA, United States|
|Organization Type||Public School|
|Grade Level||Elementary 1-3, Elementary 4-6|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Contact Name||Shelly Jones|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|