Shine Early Learning | NY 00501 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 03/19/2017
We are seeking an inspired and collaborative leader to join our Shine Implement team as an Educational Leader. In this role, you will employ a range of instructional, management, and assessment strategies that ensure educational excellence among teaching staff. The Center Educational Leader will serve as both the operation and education lead for the center, providing guidance and support to his/her team to achieve School Readiness Goals for all children served, including those with disabilities and special needs .
The Educational Leader will contribute to our mission through the following activities and responsibilities:
- Ensure full implementation of all aspects of our Early Learning methodology and system of recordkeeping, reporting, and ongoing monitoring.
- Provide teachers with training, coaching and monitoring to support them in successfully fulfilling all aspects of their role, including but not limited to effective practices in the following:
- CLASS™ Teacher-Child Interactions
- Learning Environments
- Child Assessment
- Meeting All Children’s Needs
- Working with Families
- Professional Growth and Collaboration
- Facilitate professional learning communities with teaching staff to support curriculum planning and implementation as well as child assessment data analysis and application of data to individualized learning plans.
- Ensure the completion of all required child screenings and assessments, including 45 and 90-day requirements for new children and quarterly progress assessments for all children.
- Assist in the interviewing, on-boarding, coaching, and training of teaching staff.
- Provide coverage for the classroom when needed.
- Assist in the collaboration and coordination within education team and across service areas and initiatives, including ensuring full parent involvement in the program.
- Serve as operational lead for the Center, ensuring compliance with all program policies and procedures and Head Start/Early Head Start, state licensing and other regulations.
- Participate in leadership activities and meetings as appropriate.
- Recognize that your job description is service area specific and that a successful employee upholds the overall employment standards outlined in the Employee Handbook and specifically, but not limited to: confidentiality, child abuse reporting, attendance and dependability, appropriate dress, customer service and support to all families, prudent use of program resources, and promoting and maintaining safe environment for all children, families and staff.
- Uphold the shared values of Shine Early Learning and the Head Start program.
- Serve as education lead for a Center; overseeing implementation of all aspects of education services; providing teachers with coaching, training and monitoring using CLASS, the Teacher Success Rubric and other teaching performance tools.
- Work with teachers to reliably implement, analyze and apply child assessment and learning outcome data; use data to implement individualized learning plans.
- Coordinate with Family Services team to ensure full parent involvement in the program.
|Location||NY, United States|
|Organization Type||For-profit Organization|
|Grade Level||Pre-School/Early Childhood|
|Teaching field||Early Childhood Education|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|Contact Name||Aisling Toby|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|