High School Principal - Walnut Hills High School
School Exec Connect | Cincinnati OH 45207 USA | Full Time - School Year | Revised: 03/16/2017
High School Principal
Walnut Hills High School| 3250 Victory Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio USA | 224-day work schedule with salary and benefits set by Cincinnati Public Schools | Posted: 03/16/2017
Walnut Hills High School, part of the Cincinnati Public Schools, seeks a talented principal capable of managing an exceptional school and leading a strong, committed faculty. The school is consistently recognized as one of the top 100 high school in the United States. This classical college -preparatory high school, serving grades 7-12, is dedicated to academic excellence in a culturally diverse student body.
The school offers a rigorous, accelerated curriculum to 2,900 students who come from every neighborhood of the city. It offers 34 Advanced Placement classes and an outstanding fine arts program. Students score well above the national mean on the SAT and the ACT. In addition, the school provides numerous opportunities for social, intellectual, and athletic development through its 60 extracurricular organizations and 90 sports teams.
Candidates must support the concept of a classical education, be dedicated to a rigorous curriculum, be supportive of teachers and administrators, and have experience working with supportive constituent groups. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a collaborative leadership style are essential. Candidates should also be creative, innovative, and politically agile.
- Demonstrate visionary and effective leadership abilities, (e.g. managerial, administrative, budgetary) in secondary education
- Proven record as an exceptional secondary teacher
- Works collaboratively and communicates effectively, both orally and writing, with faculty, staff, students, parents, and other stakeholders, including the Cincinnati Public School District and Superintendent
- Be accessible to students, parents, faculty and alumni
- Committed to a college board driven classical liberal arts curriculum and maintain a climate where students are actively engaged in a meaningful and productive learning experience
- Experience in working with a diverse student body with the expectation that all can succeed
- Be knowledgeable and capable of executing successful instructional strategies and programs
- Eligible for an Ohio State Principal License
- Walnut Hills High School is nationally recognized as one of America’s top public schools. Upon graduation, students are accepted to the finest universities and colleges in America.
- The Walnut Hills student body reflects a broad racial, religious, and socio-economic diversity representing over 70 feeder schools and 65 zip codes.
- Admission is open to all students who place in the top 30% on the required TerraNova achievement/placement test. (Priority is given to students residing within the Cincinnati Public School District.)
- 34 Advance Placement classes are available and the school requires that students take at least one to graduate.
- The school has an extensive Fine Arts program with outstanding musical, art and theatre offerings. In addition, the school provides the student body with a wide range of extracurricular opportunities with over 60 clubs and 90 sports teams
- Enthusiastic parent organizations and an alumni foundation volunteer time and contribute substantial funds for student body enhancements, programmatic needs, staff development and facilities
- The newly renovated campus resembles that of a small college, with architectural details reflecting the classical liberal arts curriculum bolstered by twenty first century technology
- Extensive academic support systems are available to all students
- Most of the graduating class enters college with advance standings.
- In 2015, 861 students took 2,167 Advance Placement tests, with 87% receiving a score of 3 or higher
- The Class of 2016 garnered $28M+ in scholarships and awards
Craig Larson, Ed.D. or Kevin O’Mara, Ph.D. with School Exec Connect
How to apply
Employer provided a link where your application will be accepted. Click on the link below and follow instructions.
(314) 267-6992/ email@example.com (Craig Larson)
708-516-0793/ firstname.lastname@example.org (Kevin O’Mara)
|Location||Cincinnati, OH, United States|
|Categories||Head of School/Principal|
|Organization Type||Public School|
|Grade Level||High School|
|Experience Years||10 yrs|
|Contact Name||Craig Larson|
|How to apply||A resume is required to apply to this job. Applications are sent to employer via email. Click on the link below and follow instructions.|
|Apply||Click Here (apply to job)|