The Delta School | Wilson AR 72395 USA | Full Time - School Year | Revised: 03/21/2017
The recently founded Delta School is expanding again next year and looking to hire innovative educators committed to strengthening and enriching student learning through project based learning. We define “innovation” as mindsets, design processes, and teaching practices that challenge traditional norms and assumptions. These can take the form of new strategies or iterations or remixes of existing strategies. Our school is designed with project requirements and completion of competencies rather than traditional subject-based courses.
We are looking to hire K-8 educators as well as two upper school coaches/teachers/project managers to act as: a Content Rigor Manager and a Project Time Manager to review all teacher proposed projects for students and monitor student work toward competencies once projects are underway. We are also looking for two Project Coaches who will design projects for implementation with students. All hires will participate fully in the life of the students and help to develop the program.
We Seek: Risk-takers who can lead and support innovative teaching and learning in our school. We will open our state-of-the-art Upper School as an addition to our already established lower school (105 students) in fall of 2018. We will bring in the founding upper school team a year in advance to co-create the undeveloped parts of the curriculum, integrate into the school and form a strong team to get the upper school moving. We are very open to accepting a team of educators who are already working together or who know they would like to work together.
The Delta School Upper School will function as a lab school serving a total of 50 students in two learning cohorts. We have a 6500 sq foot Maker’s Space on campus along with a school farm and state of the art classroom pavilions.
What we will provide for you:
- Training in project based learning and Human Centered Design
- An ample budget to accommodate your project needs
- Time to plan, construct and project before taking on students of your own
- Rent free housing
- Moving expenses
- Health Insurance for you and your family
- Retirement contributions
- An exciting and intentional learning community that supports your creativity
- A competitive salary
- A voice in our developing program
Qualifications: We are looking at candidates from varied backgrounds who display some or many of these qualities
- May have varied professional experience, may have expertise from in classroom settings or outside of schools. Former entrepreneurs encouraged, having demonstrated ability to independently develop professional connections and skills.
- Interest and strengths in research, innovative learning, engineering, Maker’s Movement, gardening, or Design Thinking a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in listening and understanding needs, as well as in introducing new ideas with conviction.
- Strong desire to research on the Internet.
- Demonstrated perseverance, resilience, and comfort with ambiguity.
|Location||Wilson, AR, United States|
|Organization Type||Independent/Private School|
|Grade Level||Pre-School/Early Childhood, Elementary 1-3, Elementary 4-6, Middle School/Junior High, High School|
|Contact Name||Kerry Sullivan|
|How to apply||A resume is required to apply to this job. Applications are sent to employer via email. Click on the link below and follow instructions.|
|Apply||Click Here (apply to job)|
|Primary Phone||(870) 623-4693|