Superintendent of Schools
Alachua County Public Schools | Gainesville FL 32601 USA | Full Time - 12 Month | Revised: 02/08/2017
Superintendent of Schools
Alachua County Public Schools, Florida
The School Board of Alachua County is seeking a talented, experienced and dynamic leader to serve as Superintendent of Schools. The district serves about 27,000 students in 42 schools and centers and is recognized statewide for its many innovative and high quality educational programs and services. It also enjoys outstanding community support.
A candidate must have a minimum of ten years successful administrative experience, with at least three years in a senior level leadership position. School-based experience as a teacher and principal is strongly preferred. Administrative experience in a district of 15,000 students or more is preferred. A Master’s degree is required, with an earned Doctorate preferred. Florida experience is also preferred. The salary range is $160,000 to $185,000 annually with a competitive benefits package and a three-year contract.
To apply, candidates must complete and submit the following:
- A completed Superintendent Application which can be found at sbac.edu
- A signed cover letter with curriculum vita (scan and upload with application)
- Three letters of reference (scan and upload with application)
- Documents verifying credentials, including college transcripts (scan and upload with application)
The completed on-line application form and all supporting information referenced above must be received no later than the deadline of 11:59 p.m. on March 10, 2017.
For additional information related to Alachua County Public Schools or the application process, contact:
Andrea Messina, Executive Director – Florida School Boards Association – 850.414.2578 or cell 850.566.1860 email@example.com
Dr. Bill Vogel, FSBA Consultant – 321.299.2452 firstname.lastname@example.org
John Reichert, FSBA Consultant – 321-363-7909 email@example.com
* IMPORTANT NOTICE* All resumes, applications, and other materials submitted for this position are subject to the Florida Public Records Act and “Government in the Sunshine” provisions of Florida law. Resumes, applications, and other materials cannot be held in confidence. The School Board of Alachua County is an equal opportunity employer.
|Location||Gainesville, FL, United States|
|Organization Type||Public School|
|Grade Level||Pre-School/Early Childhood, Elementary 1-3, Elementary 4-6, Middle School/Junior High, High School|
|Experience Years||10 yrs|
|Contact Name||Beverly Finley|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|